Last Updated: May 25th, 2018
We may provide other online interfaces not covered by this Notice. If you visit or access your services from one of these sites, please review the online privacy practices of that site to understand how your online information may be collected, used and shared.
By reading this Notice, you will learn how we use any personal information we collect about you when using the website. This includes:
· How we collect personal information
· How we use personal information
· How personal information is shared
· Other information/personal data we collect online
· Your choices and controls
· Other websites
· Other information about personal data collection
· Contact information
How We Collect Personal Information
Registration and Other Information Provided to Us
Personal Information We Collect Online
We begin collecting Personal Information from you when you register or, rather fill out the “Send Us a Message” fields on our “Contact Us” page. Personal Information means personally identifiable information such as information you provide via forms, surveys, applications or other online fields including name, telephone, e-mail address and other information that you might voluntarily share about yourself or a loved one when you send us a message online. You share this information when you contact us through our Site requesting to be contacted. That way we can contact you about our services and be ready to address any specific matters you reference in your message.
How We Use Personal Information
1. We collect Personal Information in the normal course of business in order to serve you better.
2. Unless otherwise stated, we do not sell, trade or give away your Personal Information to anyone.
3. Unless otherwise stated, we do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties.
We may also use Personal Information:
· to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
· to inform you about important information regarding the Site or services which may interest you or changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
· to deliver marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including, ads or offers tailored to you, including ads on other websites;
· to personalize your experience on the Site;
· to verify your identity and/or location (or the identity or location of your representative or agent) in order to allow access to your services, conduct online transactions and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of your Personal Information;
· to allow you to participate in surveys and other forms of market research;
· for business purposes, including data analysis, audits, developing and improving services, enhancing the Site, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of web pages; and
· for risk control, for fraud detection and prevention, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements.
How Personal Information is Shared
Other Information/Personal Data We Collect Online
Other Information is any information other than Personal Information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as browser information, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information, and aggregated and de-identified data.
How We Collect and Use Other Information
We and our third-party service providers may collect and use other information in a variety of ways, including:
· Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers and/or through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version and internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure Sites function properly, for fraud detection and prevention, and security purposes.
· Using cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the device you are using. Cookies we use do not contain or capture unencrypted Personal Information. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Site, pages visited, language preferences, and your relationship with us. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation (i.e. to store your account information between sessions), to display information more effectively, to personalize/tailor your experience while engaging with us, and to recognize your device to allow your use of our online products and services.
We collect statistical information about the usage of the Site in order to continually improve the design and functionality, to monitor responses to our advertisements and content, to understand how visitors use the Site and to assist us with resolving questions regarding the Site. We also utilize cookies for advertising purposes. Please see the Advertising section below for more information.
How to opt-out of cookies: You can refuse to accept these cookies and most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings for cookies. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site and some online services. The site may not load or display properly. You also may not receive tailored advertising or other offers from us that may be relevant to your interests and needs.
· Other technologies including pixel tags, web beacons, and clear GIFs: These may be used in connection with some Site pages, downloadable mobile applications and HTML-formatted email messages to measure the effectiveness of our communications, the success of our marketing campaigns, to compile statistics about usage and response rates, for fraud detection and prevention, for security purposes, for advertising, and to assist us in resolving account holders’ questions regarding use of our Site. Please see our Advertising section below for more information regarding our use of other technologies.
· Google Analytics: We may use a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect information about use of this site. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this Site. We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve this Site.
Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this Site, rather than your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information.
Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit this Site, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. Google’s ability to use and share information collected by Google Analytics about your visits to this Site is restricted by the and the . You can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you on return visits to this Site by on your browser.
· IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the internet and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, advertising, for compliance and security purposes and administering the Site. Please see the Advertising section below for more information.
· Aggregated and De-identified Data: Aggregated and De-identified Data is data that we may create or compile from various sources, including, but not limited to, accounts and transactions. This information, which does not identify individual account holders, may be used for our business purposes, which may include offering products or services, research, marketing or analyzing market trends, and other purposes consistent with applicable laws.
· Third-Party Web Beacons: We may use third-party web beacons from Yahoo! to help analyze where visitors go and what they do while visiting our Site. Yahoo! may also use anonymous information about your visits to this and other websites in order to improve its products and services and provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by Yahoo, .
We may advertise online through company managed social media presences, and on other sites and mobile apps not affiliated with us and offline (e.g. through call centers, and direct marketing). In order to understand how advertising performs, we may collect certain information on our Sites and other sites and mobile apps through our advertising service providers using cookies, IP addresses, and other technologies. The collected information may include the number of page visits, pages viewed on our Sites, search engine referrals, browsing activities over time and across other sites following your visit to one of our Sites or apps, and responses to advertisements and promotions on the Sites and on sites and apps where we advertise.
We may use information described in this Notice to help advertise our services in a variety of ways. We use such information to:
· Present tailored ads to you including:
o Banner ads and splash ads and other mobility applications
o Email, postal mail, and telemarketing, and,
o On other sites and mobile apps not affiliated with us;
· Analyze the effectiveness of our ads; and
· Determine whether you might be interested in new products or services
User Choices and Controls
You may set your choices for advertising in the following ways:
Opting-out of online behavioral advertising: If you prefer that we not use information based on online Site behavior to provide online and offline tailored content and advertising, you may opt-out of online behavioral advertising by emailing us your request at .
Important reminder about opting-out
In order for online behavioral advertising opt outs from our Sites and on other sites to work on your device, your browser must be set to accept cookies. If you delete cookies, buy a new device, access our Site or other sites from a different device, or change web browsers, you will need to opt-out again. If your browser has scripting disabled, you do not need to opt-out, as online behavioral advertising technology does not work when scripting is disabled. Please check your browser’s security settings to validate whether scripting is active or disabled.
Making sure your information is accurate
Keeping your information accurate and up to date is very important. If your information is incomplete, inaccurate or not current, please email or write to us at the appropriate address for changes listed on your service materials as provided by us.
Linking to Other Sites
We may provide links to third-party sites. If you follow links to sites not affiliated or controlled by us, you should review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions, as they may be different from those of our Sites. We do not guarantee and are not responsible for the privacy or security of these sites, including the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of their information.
To protect Personal Information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with applicable federal and state laws. These measures may include device safeguards and secured files and buildings as well as oversight of our third-party service providers to ensure information remains confidential and secure.
While we follow accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us (both during and once we receive it), no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Site, you can e-mail us at.
Other information about personal data collection
In the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via prominent notice on our Site of any such change in ownership or control of your Personal Information.
Do Not Track Disclosures
Q: How do we respond to Web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services?
A: We currently do not respond to DNT signals in browsers because we do not track individual users across the web.
Notice to California Residents
In response to a California law, we will automatically treat individuals with California addresses or telephone numbers (when disclosed to us) as if you requested us to not share your information with nonaffiliated third parties except as permitted by the applicable California law. We will also limit the sharing of information about you with our affiliates to comply with California privacy laws that apply to us.
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third-parties to which this Site has disclosed certain information during the preceding year for those third-parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at
For all requests, you must put the statement “California Shine the Light Privacy Request” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we are not responsible for requests that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
In response to Vermont regulations, we automatically treat accounts with Vermont billing addresses as if you requested that we not share your information with nonaffiliated third parties, and that we limit the information we share with our affiliates. If we disclose information about you to nonaffiliated third parties with whom we have joint marketing agreements, we will only disclose your name, address, other contact information, and information about our transaction and experiences with you.
Notice to Nevada Residents
We are providing you this notice pursuant to state law. You may be placed on our internal Do Not Call List by requesting that we cease calling you by contacting us directly and making such request in writing at . Nevada law requires that we also provide you with the following contact information: Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 E. Washington St., Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101; Phone number: 702-486-3132; e-mail: [email protected].
Notice to Users Outside of the United States
Protecting Children’s Privacy Online
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Site. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent. Visit the website for more information about the (COPPA).
If you believe that we have received information from a child or other person who is not of a majority age in their relevant jurisdiction, please contact us at our email or physical mailing address listed in the Contact Us section below and we will take all reasonable efforts to remove the information.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
This Online Privacy Notice is subject to change. Please review it periodically. If we make changes to the Privacy Notice, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Notice. Any changes to this Notice will become effective when we post the revised Notice on the Site. Your use of the Site following these changes means that you accept the revised Notice.
ADVANCED RECOVERY SYSTEMS, LLC
100 SE 3rd Avenue
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33139